Classes for the new Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF®) Designation Program developed for NAIFA by the College for Financial Planning launched the summer of 2015. Since the launch, this revamped program is gaining positive momentum and students are achieving outstanding results.
A recent article written by Cyril Tuohy of InsuranceNewsNet
showcases NAIFA member, Jason E. Carter, owner and founder of the 12-employee independent multiline Carter Insurance agency in Texarkana, Texas and president-elect of NAIFA-Arkansas.
"Being in the business for 10 years, I didn't think I'd learn anything, but boy was I wrong," Carter said about his LUTCF experience.
The article states, "For an industry veteran like Carter, the upshot of working toward the designation is more revenue to his agency and helping more clients - courtesy of the revamped LUTCF." Click here
to read the complete article.
What You Should Know...
- Recent findings show 50% of the students enrolled in the new LUTCF designation program made a sale as a result of a Course 1 homework assignment
- Of the 76 students that have enrolled in Part 1 of the course that begin in July of 2015, most have re-enrolled for Part 2.
LUTCF Curriculum Highlights
The new LUTCF® curriculum combines classroom learning and field training to equip agents and financial advisors with the knowledge and skills to put them on the path to career success. The content integrates four practice specialties, life insurance and annuities, health and employee benefits, multiline, and financial advising and investments providing both an overview of each but also addressing their interdependencies—critical for agents and advisors to understand when advising clients. Topics cover the real life issues of today, from multigenerational homes, to single parent households and same sex marriages.
The curriculum consists of three, nine-week courses, consisting of eight weeks of instruction followed by a week of study and review for the exam, making it feasible for students to complete the LUTCF® program in one year or less.
- Part One: Introduction to Practice Management and Life Insurance includes developing a business plan, ethics, financial planning and risk management, introduction to life insurance products, and life insurance prospecting and selling skills.
- Part Two: Insurance and Investment Products focuses on life insurance and annuities, mutual funds, disability income, long-term care, health and group insurance, and property and casualty insurance.
- Part Three: Risk Management Applications addresses retirement and estate planning, special family situations, and presenting basic plans to individuals and business owners.
"LUTCF is the reason I’m in this business today. The program builds the knowledge and confidence that leads to successful careers."
Juli McNeely LUTCF, CFP, CLU
NAIFA President 2014-2015
NAIFA Members receive a 15% discount. Students should call the College for Financial Planning at 800-237-9990, option 3. Be sure to mention you are a NAIFA member.
For a full schedule of online classes and other information, visit www.cffpinfo.com/lutcf-life-underwriter-training-council-fellow/
The LUTCF® Scholarship Program
NAIFA and the College for Financial Planning (CFFP) are proud to announce the winners of the two full LUTCF® Scholarships. Each scholarship recipient receives tuition credits for each of the three courses that compose the LUTCF designation program.
And the winners are...
Milagros Carreno of Tampa, FL (NAIFA – Tampa) and
Shane Grau of Topeka, KS (NAIFA – Topeka)
Click here for more information on the 2016 LUTCF Scholarship Program and the lucky winners.
Click here to read the NAIFA / LUTCF Review Process